NetApp® holds a dominant position with its innovative approach (NetApp Data Fabric Architecture), and is renowned for its concept of clusterable unified storage, the performance and reliability of the solutions it offers, and its constant development in response to the most demanding of business needs.
As the world leader in ALL Flash and hybrid solutions NetApp has a comprehensive range of products enabling it to fulfil all the important aspects and requirements involved in the solution without having to compromise. Its position on the market is enhanced by the most extensive portfolio of All-Flash disk arrays - NetApp All Flash FAS, NetApp All Flash E-Series and software-defined platform NetApp SolidFire® Element®.
NetApp® All Flash FAS (AFF)
- Extensive model line built on solid state drives SSD with scalable IOPS platform performance with latency up to 1ms.
- In the basic configuration, all protocols for block and file access (FC, FCoE, iSCSI, NFS, pNFS, CIFS, SMB) and software are available - SnapRestore® , SnapMirror® , SnapVault, FlexClone® , SnapManager Suite® , Single Mailbox, Recovery(SMBR), SnapCenter® Foundation.
- INLINE - deduplication, data compression, and data compaction to increase storage efficiency.
- Multi-Tenancy - Data Storage Virtual Machines (SVM) are the fundamental unit of secure multi-tenancy in Data ONTAP.
- NetApp Storage QoS.
- FlexGroup - FlexGroup volume is a scale-out NAS container that provides high performance along with automatic load distribution and scalability.
- RAID-DP® - protections against double disk failure with double parity RAID 6.
- ONTAP - storage OS - extensive management and integration tools and support for various OSs and applications.
NetApp® All Flash EF-Serie
- Model series optimized for extreme performance and throughput, built on solid-state drives, providing a continuous IOPS performance exceeding 850k with latency up to 1ms.
- Block access (FC, FCoE, iSCSI protocols)
- RAID levels 0, 1, 3, 5, 6, 10, Dynamic Disk Pools (DDP)
SANtricity® storage operating system :
- Dynamic volume expansion, capacity expansion, RAID-level migration, segment size migration
- SANtricity synchronous, and asynchronous mirroring , SANtricity® Volume copy, SANtricity Snapshot™image, SANtricity Thin Provisioning with UNMAP
- NetApp AutoSupport® automatic support system, persistent monitor
- Online SANtricity® OS upgrades a nondisruptive firmware upgrades
- SANtricity® Drive Encryption
- Extensive management and integration tools, support for open management - Web Services Proxy, OpenStack Cinder, PowerShell Toolkit
NetApp® Hybrid-flash FAS
The NetApp FAS modular hybrid-flash data system is built on the NetApp Unified Storage Architecture, which is designed for consistent high performance - for SAN and NAS workload. All protocols for block and file access are available (FC, FCoE, iSCSI, NFS, pNFS, CIFS/SMB), offers the best Flash Acceleration Technology on the market - Flash Pool™, FlexCache®. The platform also allows :
- Data protection RAID-TEC™ (triple parity), RAID-DP® a Snapshot
- Scale out storage system - up to 172PB
- Unified data management flash-disk drive-cloud
- High-speed 32Gb FC a 40GbE connection
- NetApp FlexGroup - data container up to 20PB
- Multi-Tenancy solutions - SVM, Storage QoS
- NetApp FlexVol®, deduplication, data compression, thin-provisioning
- Software SnapRestore®, SnapMirror®, SnapVault, FlexClone®
NetApp® Fabric MetroCluster™
NetApp MetroCluster™ technology enables you to create a logical data storage sytem spread across two data centers . The data is at both physical locations at the same time. The solution is totally resistant to the failure of any part of the data center. MetroCluster ensures maximum availability of your data - the system runs in the event of a site failure, upgrade or firmware update.
NetApp MetroCluster benefits:
- Great security and availability of enterprise data
- RPO (recovery point objective) equal to zero
- RTO (recovery time objective) approaching zero
- Transparent data mirroring - administrator does not have to set any rules
ONTAP® Storage Operating System
NetApp offers traditional ONTAP® and SANtricity® versions as well as cloud compliant environments - NetApp Cloud ONTAP and Select ONTAP. Storage OS has great integration support for hosts and applications - Oracle®, SAP®, Microsoft SQL, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SharePoint®, VMware vSphere®, Hyper-V®.
For example for VMware allows full integration to the level of storage management via vCenter vSphere, supports technology - VAAI and VASA (VMware 5.5 and higher) , VMware VVOL and VMware vStorage API for Data Protection.
NetApp storage operating system offers complex sophisticated features and methods for data management and storage, clear central orchestration tools and monitoring and performance tools.